Take note of the following critical criteria before installaion.
- TITAN heaters can only be installed on a metal surface; steel, aluminum and cast Iron.
- The application area must have a smooth flat surface, no bumps, ridges or indentations; the pad must make 100% contact with the surface.
- Remove dirt, grease, oil and paint from the installation area with a cleaning agent that does not leave any oil film on the surface.
- Do not trim or cut the TITAN heater pad.
- Warm the engine to raise the oil pan temperature.
- The TITAN pad heater has an adhesive backing, do not use any other adhesives to apply the pad.
Incorrect installation of the TITAN pad heater will void the warranty.
- Sand and clean the application area.
- Peel off the backing and warm the pad for three seconds to heat the adhesive; apply the pad to the surface area.
- Weatherproof the outer edge of the pad with the, supplied, high temperature silicone adhesive.
- Route the electrical cord with whe aid of the, supplied, cable ties to the location where the plug is to be positioned for connection to the AC extension cord.